Zoom F8 with PCF-8 Carry Case Bundle
This is a package deal for the brilliant Zoom F8 recorder and the very handy official Zoom PCF-8 Sound Bag.
The Zoom F8 is a an 8 channel recorder with time code at a remarkably low price. The mic amps have an extremely low noise floor (−127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB), with +4 dB line inputs. It can record at 24-bit/192 kHz resolution and is equipped with onboard limiters which can be applied to all 8 channels simultaneously with controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
The time code generator is very stable and supports all standard drop-frame and non-drop formats with input and output on standard BNC connectors. It has a 2.4 inch full-colour backlit LCD (switchable to monochrome) which is readable in bright sunlight and records in BWF-compatible WAV format at 16 or 24-bit resolution at any standard sample rate up to 192 kHz.
When recording files in MP3 format you can choose bit rates of 128, 192, or 320 kbps.
It's quite remarkable really - and take a look at the Hawk-Woods DV battery adaptor in the related products below for a neat, rechargeable powering option.
- 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Compact and lightweight aluminum chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz / 48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AA’s and DC battery pack not included)
- Automatic switching of power source from DC to batteries at user-defined voltage levels
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every input
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ⅛" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- 2.4" full-colour backlit LCD with monochrome mode
- Dedicated PFL display with viewable trim settings
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
- Records in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 file formats
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch
- Built-in tripod mount; camera mount adapter also included
- Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
- Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
There are currently no reviews for this item
To leave a review please sign-in.