Sound Devices A20-Nexus Go
4-8 Channel True Diversity Receiver with SpectraBand Technology
When you’re doing bag work, you need a high-quality, high-channel-count audio receiver that won’t weigh you down. Sound Devices’ A20-Nexus Go true-diversity wireless receiver was made with portability in mind. It comes with four receiver channels, and can be expanded to six and eight channels via software license, without additional hardware. Need to transition to a rack or cart? The A20-Nexus Go receiver’s half-unit size will save you space there, too. It’s ready for anything.
The A20-Nexus Go receiver has an advanced set of features inherent in the Sound Devices Astral family of products, including:
SpectraBand: The A20-Nexus Go receiver utilizes the unparalleled SpectraBand tuning range of 169 – 1525 MHz, allowing you the ability to find open spectrum, even in the busiest UHF TV band.
GainForward: No more stopping the action on set. No more adjusting the transmitter gain on the talent. You can set your levels and make adjustments at your A20-Nexus Go receiver and not at the transmitter with GainForward.
The A20-Nexus Go receiver is ready to go the distance, thanks to Sound Devices’ proprietary NexLink protocol.
NexLink: By utilizing the NexLink protocol, the A20-Nexus Go receiver has full long-range remote control of transmitters, even in the presence of on-set 2.4 GHz interference.
AutoAssign: Save time on set. The AutoAssign function automatically scans the current tuning band for clean frequencies and assigns them to multiple channels. The clean frequencies are then automatically pushed to transmitters linked to the NexLink protocol. This is all done with one button in mere seconds.
A20-Nexus Go Main Product Features
- 4-channel ultra-high-performance, true-diversity receivers in a half-rack size (8.0” x 6.6” x 1.6” / 20.3cm x 16.8cm x 4.1cm
- Expandable to 6 or 8 channels via A20-Nexus Go 2-Channel Expansion Licenses
- 169 MHz – 1525 MHz tuning range via Sound Devices’ proprietary SpectraBand Technology
- Sound Devices NexLink: integrated, long-distance remote control of all wireless transmitters, including group power on/off.
- AutoAssign: automatic deployment of clean frequencies in seconds
- Integrated Real Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTSA) and scanning for intuitive frequency coordination
- Flexible powering: via DC input, 8-Series, or AC mains (with optional adapter).
- DB-25 connector for 8 channels of mic, line, or AES outputs.
- Wide, 6.2” color OLED array with touch for control and monitoring
- A20-QuickDock allows docking and undocking in seconds from Sound Devices 8-Series mixer-recorders with no tools or additional hardware.
- Supports GainForward Architecture: No gain setting on the A20 transmitter. Adjust gain at the receiver or mixer.
- 100% digital long-range modulation delivers the longest transmission distance of any digital system on the market.
- RF SAW filters for excellent rejection of interference from nearby IFB or camera hop transmitters
- Excellent audio quality, full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth
- BNC timecode input for auto timecode sync of transmitters over NexLink
- Front panel and rear panel BNC antenna inputs. Compatible with passive and bias-powered antennas
- Supports control of the Wisycom LFA smart antenna
- Cascade out option on rear BNCs for cascading multiple A20-Nexus Go units
- USB-A port for thumb drives, keyboards, transmitter pairing, and timecode syncing. Supports USB hubs.
A20-Nexus Go Specifications
- 169 to 1525 MHz (1356 MHz switching bandwidth)
- 25 kHz steps
- Spectraband Technology for maximum rejection of out of band signals
- Available frequencies depend on country of operation.
- Proprietary, 100% digital RF modulation
- Standard or Long range, selectable per channel
- 50 Ohm
- 3.5 dB Insertion Loss from front BNC through rear BNC: It is recommended to use an external powered antenna to overcome the 3 dB splitting loss in the A20-Nexus so that the receivers maintain excellent range
- Wideband power split, pre-LNA
RF Bias Output
- 12V 200mA each BNC
- Smart antenna support, Wisycom compatible
- Standard modulation = 2 ms, analog or digital outputs
- Long Range modulation = 3.9 ms, analog or digital outputs
Audio Frequency Response
- 10Hz - 20kHz +/- 1dB relative to 1kHz
- >130dB with an A20 transmitter
- Line-level: +20 dBu for 0 dBFS
- Mic-level: -20 dBu for 0 dBFS
Audio Output Sample Rate
Digital audio Output
- AES3 balanced connection 110 Ohm output impedance
- TA4 DC input
- 8-Series 9through unit-to-unit connector when docked)
- AC mains adaptor (sold separately)
- DC input 10 to 18V 2A maximum at 10V
- 10W idle, default configuration
- Extra power passed through for USB power, active antenna power and DC output power
- USB-A 5V, 500mA output supports keyboards, thumb drives, A20 transmitters and USB hubs
- DC outs: max 500mA between both outputs
Operating Temperature Range
- 4.0cm x 20.3cm x 16.7cm
- 1.6in x 8.0in x 6.6in
- 1.22kG (unpackaged)
- 2.7lbs (unpackaged)